#StemCellAwarenessWeek2023 #DonateCordBlood #WCBD23 #WorldCordBloodDay
Events taking place in Crete, South Aegean and Thessaloniki Greece:
– The HQs of Region of Crete (https://www.crete.gov.gr/) and South Aegean (https://www.pnai.gov.gr/) illuminate to raise awareness on cord blood donation/banking and the therapeutic properties and advances in the field. For the second consecutive year, all four HQs of Crete’s prefectures – Chania, Rethymnon, Heraklion, Lasithi – will also illuminate on the day. The awareness week is under the auspices of the 7th Health Region of Crete (www.hc-crete.gr).
– Live & Interactive sessions for Secondary School students – throughout the awareness week – with the scientists of the Public CBBC & the Haemopoiesis Research Lab, co-organised with the Regional Directorate of Secondary Education of Heraklion.
– Virtual art & photography exhibition – updated with new submissions to the existing works of art – by doctors and students of the School of Medicine UoC, and Universities abroad, running through-out the week 13-17 November 2022 (www.artsteps.com/view/5fa33ac948e0fe016ee9a2be)
– Joint press releases by Public CBBC and co-organizers of the ‘Stem Cell Awareness Week’
– social media outreach by Public CBBC advancing public perception on cord blood donation and the benefits of the use of cord blood for innovative treatments
– Outreach/Info session by the staff of Public CBBC on cord blood donation at the University Hospital of Heraklion (PAGNI) for staff members, visitors and expecting parents (15/11) from 13.00-14.00 and info on the expecting parents’ seminars which take place virtually every month.
– Event open for the general public in Chania by NGOs ‘Aghios Ioannis’ (facebook.com/agioannis) and ‘Orizontas’ (www.orizondas.gr/) in cooperation with the Municipality of Chania, and the support of the group ‘Supporters of Mothers’ breast-feeding’ (facebook.com/xaniathilasmos), on the importance of cord blood donation by raising awareness, speeches, info sessions and hand-outs. In addition, an award ceremony will take place, awarding cord blood donors from Chania (16/11 at 18.30).
– Spreading the message on cord blood donation and its therapeutic properties through Public CBBC official song: youtu.be/AJntdhqqNrw
– Virtual tour at Public CBBC (www.cordbloodbankcrete.gr/?page_id=3303)
This year, the Public Cord Blood Bank of the General Hospital G. Papanikolaou in Thessaloniki joins the activities of the #StemCellAwarenessWeek2023. Staff will hold awareness raising activities on cord blood donation:
– at public and private maternity clinics, including maternity Clinic ‘Genesis’
– putting up posters at maternity clinics
-by mobilising local blood donor associations to provide to expecting parents the boxes for the collection/transfer of the collected cord blood
– social media outreach with the publication of a text on cord blood donation and the speech of the Director on the role of public cord blood banks
-at primary and secondary schools